- adjectivenot special in any way-
your run-of-the-mine college graduate-
a unexceptional an incident as can be found in a lawyer's career• Syn: ↑run-of-the-mine, ↑mine run, ↑unexceptional• Similar to: ↑ordinary
* * *adjordinary, common, normal, everyday, average, unexceptional, mediocre, middling, tolerable, fair, unremarkable, undistinguished, unimpressiveCOLLOQ. OK, so-so, bog standard, common-or-garden, not up to much, no great shakes≠ exceptional, remarkable
* * *[adjective]ordinary, average, bog-standard (Brit. & Irish slang), mediocre, middling, passable, tolerable, undistinguished, unexceptional
* * *▶ adjective ORDINARY, average, middle-of-the-road, commonplace, humdrum, mundane, standard, nondescript, characterless, conventional; unremarkable, unexceptional, uninteresting, dull, boring, routine, bland, lacklustre; N. Amer. garden-variety; informal bog-standard, nothing to write home about, nothing special, a dime a dozen; Brit. informal common or garden.exceptional.
* * *I. \\| ̷ ̷ ̷ ̷ ̷ ̷| ̷ ̷\ noun: manufactured goods not graded or sorted for qualityII. adjective
* * */run"euhv dheuh mil"/, adj.merely average; commonplace; mediocre: just a plain, run-of-the-mill house; a run-of-the-mill performance.[1925-30]Syn. ordinary, routine, everyday.
* * *run-of-the-mill see under ↑run• • •Main Entry: ↑mill————————run-of-the-millˈ adjective1. Constituting an ordinary fair sample, not selected2. Mediocre• • •Main Entry: ↑run
* * *run-of-the-mill UK US adjectiveordinary and not interestingThesaurus: ordinary and normalsynonym
* * *run-of-the-mill «RUHN uhv theh MIHL», adjective.average or commonplace; ordinary; unselected: »
a run-of-the-mill play.╂[earlier run of the mill coarsely finished or unrefined mill products]
* * *adj. lacking unusual or special aspects; ordinary
a run-of-the-mill job
* * */ˌrʌnɚvðəˈmıl/ adjoften disapproving : average or ordinary
a run-of-the-mill performance
* * *ˌrun-of-the-ˈmill [run-of-the-mill] adjective (often disapproving)ordinary, with no special or interesting features
a run-of-the-mill jobExample Bank:
I didn't want to do just a run-of-the-mill job.
These should be run-of-the-mill problems to the experienced manager.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.